7 Things To Do On #LDOC Besides Block Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

For those of you that might not know, the term LDOC is a commonly used acronym for “last day of classes”. When students hear “LDOC”, they often think of parties, or in the case of UBC students, the AMS Block Party. However, if an end of term block party isn’t your thing, here’s a list of activities to do instead. As two people who have spent LDOC at Block Party and elsewhere, we thought we’d share our ideas!

Source

1. Organize your own end of term party with friends!

Source

Buy your own food and drinks and pick out a bomb playlist! Unlike Block Party, this party doesn’t have to stop at 9:30pm.

2. Go downtown for dinner and drinks!

Source

Who says all the good end of term parties have to happen on campus? There are always events going on, so try to find a different party to attend!

3. Head down to Wreck Beach or other beaches around Vancouver!

Image Source

This suggestion is more weather permitting, but since it’s been a lot nicer outside, why not take advantage! Get some close friends together, grab your flip-flops, and chill on the beach.

4. Check out what different events are happening on campus!

Image Source

Some departments and clubs have LDOC socials in the afternoon that are open to students and staff. Spend some time with class/club friends before finals begin.

5. Go check out a movie, or have a movie/tv marathon at home!

Image Source

See what’s playing at your local cinemas, or make good use of that Netflix subscription and check out shows you’ve wanted to watch throughout the term.

6. Start studying for finals or finish up those term papers!

Image Source

We didn’t say all of the things were necessarily fun, but it’s never a bad idea to get a head start on work. Good luck!

7. Have a quiet night in!

Image Source

Nobody said you had to go crazy on the last day of classes! Maybe get around to finishing that book you started in January? Or the last few episodes of that season of Friends?

There are definitely more activities to do than just these 7, so whatever you choose to do on LDOC, make sure to have fun and stay safe! Good luck with finals!

Kelly is a UBC student studying microbiology and nutrition. She is a strong supporter for girls and women in STEM fields, and loves all things health and fitness - despite her lack of athleticism. You'll most likely find her on campus or around the city with her earbuds in. Aside from being a big foodie and travel enthusiast, she enjoys discussing anything related to pop-culture, social media, or public health!Find her on Twitter.
Kailynn studies English Literature and Film Studies at UBC. Her studies are also her passions and she can never finish a novel or televison series before starting a new one. She's currently working on her own writing projects and hopes to publish a novel and develop a feature film screen play in the future! Aside from her love of writing, she also loves to travel - even if it's just a weekend at the lake. You'll most likely find her in one of the library basement's or in line for coffee on campus, but you can always find her on twitter!