toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Halloween Costumes that Transcend the Sexy Cat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Halloween is a toast to our odd, our kinky, and our terrible. A night to pretend to be whomever or whatever you want (within limit, you freaks). If you want to rely on the Sexy Cat for the fourth year in a row, be my guest. I haven’t been anything but a Sexy Cat since eleventh grade – but I’m trying to branch out this year and so should you. 

So, without further ado, 5 halloween costumes that transcend the Sexy Cat: 

1. Frida Kahlo 

photo creds

Do you have a cute lil monobrow? Grow it out! You share that feature with one of the most accomplished artists to date. Note: Most Frida Kahlo costume tutorials are catered to the feminine even though Frida Kahlo was gender fluid. Feel free to explore that fluidity while putting together your costume. 

2. Britney Spears at the 2001 American Music Awards

photo creds

Iconic. Take a tip from Britney and Justin and pair denim with more denim. Add a statement necklace and some silver eyeshadow (over the whole lid, you wimp) and prepare to dazzle. 

3. Rosie the Riveter

photo creds

What 15 – 24 year old doesn’t own a denim top? Grab yourself some red lipstick and a red bandana and you’re good to go. Ultra easy. 

4. Frat Boys

photo creds

The scariest of the five. Grab some boat shoes and a snapback and you’re golden, ponyboy. Disclaimer: If portrayed too accurately, you might attract actual frat boys. Instead, play it safe and take one item off before heading out. 

5. Ainsley

photo creds

“In a world of princesses, be a hotdog!” Tap into your inner Ainsley, the six year old girl that, according to the Daily Mail, showed up to her ballet class dressed up as a hot dog. She is a hero to us all, a light in the dark sea of mediocrity, the artist and the muse. 

Have fun dressing up, HCUBC Cuties! We hope these costume ideas will help you stand out, and be as lazy as possible on Halloween night.