10 Ways to Do Valentine’s with Your Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Do you hate Valentines Day for not having that special someone to share the day or night with? Do you retch at the sight of red balloons everywhere? The endless pink decorations in every store, restaurant, or even super market? The dozens of red roses that suddenly appear to be everywhere? The cute couples holding hands over dinner and being as cute as they can possibly be? Ok, let’s not hate on the love birds too much (because that’s just not nice either)…

…But who says that for Valentines to be fun and enjoyable, you need that special someone to take you to dinner? It’s a day where we can celebrate all kinds of love: the love for the parents and for the family, for your neighbors, for your co-workers, and most importantly, the love for your girl friends! Seriously, who else is there when you need someone to talk to, someone to help you decide what to wear on your date, someone to help you make life decisions on what to do post-grad, or someone who’s just there on those bad nights when all you want to do is sit and cry with a tub of Ben and Jerry’s in your hand while watching The Notebook? Yep, your girlfriends are always there no matter what!

So why don’t we celebrate that, for a change? A toast to the the kind of love that will never end in a terrible, “He cheated on me” kind-of-relationship, but the kind that will make you want to pull each other’s hair out some days – but that will always be there for you through it all. It’s a special, irreplaceable bond. Forget the boyfriends, the ex-boyfriends, and the future boyfriends that never seem to make an appearance, let’s focus on us and let’s celebrate us – let’s make this the girls night out of the year! Scroll down for our 10 ways to celebrate Valentines Day with the girls: 

1. Dress up and go to dinner at the fanciest restaurant in town and treat yourselves!

2. Dress down and hold a mega pajama party (think chocolate chip cookies, popcorn, drinks, nail polish…)

3. Head out to brunch instead of going to dinner (it’s cheaper – and so much yummier!)

4. Bake some treats for your friends, or with them!

5. Hold a Sex and the City marathon (or any other movie/TV show you all love to watch over and over again…)

6. Have a Valentine’s day themed potluck, and make some of your all-time favorite dishes

7. Dress up, get drinks, go out and dance!

8. Or, go to a fitness class all together (Zumba, anyone?)

9. Prepare a fancy, glam dinner for your girlfriends

10. Relax at a spa + get a mani pedi! 

There are endless possibilities enjoy Valentine’s day. You don’t always need a boy to take you out! We guarantee that a day/night out with the girls is all you need for endless fun on February 14th! 

(Photo credits from: The Glitter Guide, Camille Styles, Hostess with the Mostess, Ruffled, Design Love Fest, Rue, and The Every Girl)