This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

1. The Music 

The soundtrack for The Greatest Showman was written by Pasek and Paul, the award-winning duo who also wrote the music for La La Land and Dear Evan Hansen. Each song will make you want to dance or sing along while watching. The song “This Is Me” won a Golden Globe and is now nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song. While I love each and every song on this soundtrack, my personal favorites are “Rewrite the Stars”, “This Is Me”, and “A Million Dreams”. You can listen to this album before or after you see the movie, but regardless you will fall in love with at least one song. 

2. Hugh Jackman is Incredible! 

Hugh Jackman. In this movie Hugh Jackman portrays P.T. Barnum who is the founder of the circus that brings a group of outcasts together. Hugh Jackman shines in this role and definitely should’ve been nominated for an Oscar for it. Hugh Jackman is a triple threat and I just love watching him in musicals.  

3. Zac Efron’s back in a musical 

Before The Greatest Showman, the last time we saw Zac Efron in a musical was High School Musical 3 which premiered in 2008. After that, Zac stopped doing movie musicals which was a bit upsetting. However, in The Greatest Showman Zac Efron is back to embracing his singing and dancing roots and making all of us that fell in love with him in the High School Musical trilogy, fall in love with him all over again.  

4. The Story 

This a story about outcasts, underdogs, outsiders, etc. This movie celebrates all humans and that’s something we are in desperate need of in today’s world. If you’ve ever felt alone in your life or like you don’t fit in, this movie will make you realize that you are not alone and that you should embrace what makes you different from everyone else, because it is what makes you different that makes you special.

“I’m not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me.” 

Go see this movie now or wait till it comes out on DVD. Regardless, it’s a movie that cannot be missed.  

“The noblest art is that of making others happy.” – P.T. Barnum