Why There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

While you may want to go to places other than your hometown for the holidays, here are just a few reasons why “There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays“… especially for college students. 

Family  

After being away from your family (besides during Thanksgiving and weekend trips) since August, there will be nothing better than getting to spend time with your family for close to a month. Besides just your immediate family, Christmas break is also the time where you’ll be able to see and spend time with your extended family to celebrate Christmas or any other holiday.  

Friends 

While you or some of your friends may not have come home for Thanksgiving break, most everyone you went to high school with will be home for Christmas break. You’ll get the chance to catch up and hangout with all of your friends from home that go to different colleges than you, and seeing friends from back home is always good for your soul. 

Traditions 

If you’re anything like me, your family has many Christmas traditions. For example, my family and I always go to church on Christmas Eve and then go out to eat afterwards. After we eat, we come home and open one present each while watching a Christmas movie. If you were to not be home for the holidays, you wouldn’t get to continue on with your traditions.