This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

First of all, can I just say I absolutely love Rihanna! She’s talented, stylish, funny and carefree in the best way possible. Rihanna never seems to be bothered by what others have to say about her. She wears her hair like she wants and rocks her own style all while being the ultimate girl boss! Just over a year ago she released her debut Fenty x Puma collection. This came after she had been working with Puma as the creative director for a couple of years. Her strong interest in fashion and great style sense made her collection a hit. Time after time she has released sneakers, slides and clothing pieces that have sold out within a few hours of their launch.

Rihanna has now added even more to her list of accomplishments. On September 8, 2017 she released her new makeup collection both online and in Sephora stores. Rihanna hinted about her line for some time and the anticipation for its released was definitely built. I barely wear makeup, but I am definitely here for what Rih has brought to the table!

Let’s start with the fact that the collection offers 40 foundation shades! That’s right 40 and this is in the initial collection. Often times brands only cover the basics of the spectrum first and wait to add on additional colors if needed. Rihanna clearly decided to go big or go home.

During her launch party streamed on Facebook live she was very adamant about why she chose so many shades. She really wanted to cater to the fact that there are variations of skin colors (especially brown skin). While black women are heavily a part of the beauty market, often times we are not always represented well in beauty brands. Online I have seen the argument that “black women don’t even buy ‘x brand’ so why does it matter?” Well that may be true, but how can you purchase from a brand if they never have your color to begin with? We all come in different shades and undertones, which can make it difficult to find foundations that match. Rihanna has taken that into consideration with the formulation of her colors which vary between cool, warm and neutral tones while also being divided into light,medium and dark shades. Women on both ends of the spectrum and in between should be able to appreciate what she has to offer.

The PRO FILT’R Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, $34 is medium to full coverage, smooth and shine-free. Her collection also offers the Match Stix,  $25  which comes in 20 matte shades and 10 shimmer. The sticks are multipurpose and can be used as matte concealers, contours or stick foundations! The shimmer Match Stix can be used as highlighters or eyeshadow. Fenty Beauty has a number of other products including brushes, primer, blotting powder and a universal lip color. These can all be found on the official website as well as Sephora!

Although I haven’t gotten my hands on the products yet, I am anxious to do so. Prices may not be exactly college-girl budget friendly,but from the reviews so far it seems worth every penny! In my opinion the line is perfect for a glow-y, effortless beauty look. Plus, I’m all for supporting beauty inclusiveness (and it’s cruelty-free)!

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents. 
HCUAB