Spending Alone Time is OK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Spending Alone Time is OK

This semester, I’ve decided to work more on my self-care. Self-care is a very important concept to grasp especially as a college student. Sometimes, you have to make time to check yourself by being alone and truly being able to gather all of your thoughts. Here are some ways that I’ve been aiding to my self-care and things I like doing with my alone time:

1. Making Myself Dinner
    1. Ever have that one craving that’s just so bad you have to make it…well, the next time you have it make it! Cooking can be very soothing especially if you’re trying out a new recipe.
  2. Buying Beauty and Skin Products
    1. Recently, I’ve been trying out new Freeman Beauty face masks and let me just tell you they feel amazing! Especially, when I use them after a nice hot shower my skin feels amazing!
  3. Reading a Book
    1. Doing this especially on a gloomy rainy day can be very soothing. Also, reading can transport you to a whole new world of imagination and adventure and can be a great escape for the mind.
  4. Binge Watching
    1. Netflix and Hulu are bae. I love sitting around lazy in my pajamas and fuzzy socks catching up on all of my series and just relaxing!
  5. Sleeping
    1. Sleep is always a great idea. With all of the hustle and bustle of the semester it can be very easy to lose out on some much needed Z’s.

In the words of John Mayer, “don’t be afraid to walk alone, don’t be afraid to like it.”