This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

The average adult spends an average of 3 and 1/2 hours on their phone in a day’s time. For me, it’s way more. In today’s society our world revolves around our cellphones. My work requires continuous hours on mine. So how do I not make this a problem?

Did you know you can manage your screen time on your iPhone? Yes! Go to settings > screen time. You can keep up with how many hours you spend in a day looking at your screen, set time limits, and designate downtime.

I heard someone say the other day, “When you say yes to one thing you’re saying no to something else.” When you say yes to so much time on your phone you’re saying no to time with friends and family. I’ve made it a point to be better at delegating my time. It’s not easy, but it’s so important to make a it priority. Set a time to check emails, social media can wait, put your phone on do not disturb. Let’s not get caught up on the world on our phone that we miss out on our actual life.

Junior at UAB! Mass Communications Major concentrating in Public Relations and obtaining an Art Studio Minor in Graphic Design.
HCUAB