The Most Basic Shows That You May Want to Reconsider Not Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

If you’re like me and don’t like to watch shows just because everyone else is watching, you may want to reconsider watching these binge worthy titles.

1. Gossip Girl

I recently started this one over Christmas break after having absolutely nothing else better to do, and it is actually pretty good! If you’re into high class society drama, this is definitely the show for you. Will you get hooked on this show after the first episode, or will you keep it as an “I’ll take your word for it?”… I guess we’ll find out soon.  -XOXO, Gossip Girl

***Warning: towards season 4, you may start to get tired of the same old same old, but I promise it gets better!***

2. Pretty Little Liars

Okay, now I know many people think this one is a waste of time, especially now since we know who A is… BUT I promise it’s worth a try. 

***Warning: you’ll either get sucked in or aggravated with all the deception.*** – A

3. Greys Anatomy

Yes, it now has 13 seasons. Yes, everyone dies. Yes, you should still give it a go.

4. Scandal

Basically anything Shonda Rhimes is a must-watch. Plot twists every episode that I promise you won’t see coming, DRAMA, and wishing every day that you could be Olivia Pope is what you’ll get out of this show.

5. Game of Thrones

Trust me on this one. I was skeptical about it too, but it was the best decision I’ve made so far when it comes to watching a hyped up show. #housetargaryen

So grab your popcorn, get comfortable, and give one of these, or all of them another try. You may be surprised and end up liking one!