Meet Your CC, Kristal!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Kristal S. Mayfield

Major: Information Systems

Classification: Senior

Favorite Summer ’16 Memory: My favorite memory is the Drake x Future concert, which was the perfect way to end my summer!

On Campus Involvement: Aside from being a Campus Correspondent for the UAB chapter of  Her Campus, I am also a Career Peer Mentor in the Collat School of Business, a Business Honors Class of 2017 cohort, and a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.

Goals for HCUAB: For this school year, I hope to help the chapter become more involved on campus, to include producing events and posts that students are most interested in. One of my main goals is for the chapter to have continued success and growth. Since last semester, the team and organization have performed astonishingly. I am exited for this trend to continue and to witness how we evolve as individuals, as well as a team!

Goals for your future: I have a wide array of dreams, but my desire to better myself is constant. I am always looking for ways to grow and learn, so each day, I establish goals to better myself. These goals vary from academic, physical, and mental… There is always room for improvement. Ultimately, I aim to become an example of a limitless, determined, and positive individual who is visible within her community.

Advice for freshmen: My advice for freshmen is to be open to new experiences, but still be focused on school and other obligations. College is about finding the happy medium between all your experiences. There is a lot to explore and to learn. Also, establishing positive relationships can be extremely beneficial– this includes with faculty, your professors, classmates, coworkers, etc. Everyone you are in contact with can help you, just as you can help them!

Kryshonna is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in marketing. She is passionate about food, creating, and finding small ways to be happy. When she isn't acting as the Campus Correspondent, she can be found catching dinner with friends, wandering around Birmingham, or catching up on Youtube. She has a new found love for the color baby pink along with a number of other things including: working out, boba tea, and fuzzy things. For inspiration and fashion posts, you can follow her on Instagram @kokokrys.  Schedule Schedule
My name is Kristal and I am currently a senior at UAB. As a business major and hopeful journalist, I hope to use my gifts and knowledge to reach across the world. I have interests in all things related to society-- hisory, social justice issues, man-made societal "norms." In my spare time, I enjoy working out, watching documentaries, viewing fashion blogs and magazines, and dreaming of the possibilities of my future. Would I forget to mention the importance of "Clueless" references in my life? Ugh, as if!