This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Kimberly Hicks

Age: 20

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Communication

Hometown: Killeen, TX

Interviewer: What friend are you in your group of friends?

Kim: I’m defiantly the goofy one, who always trying to get her life together. I’m always trying new things like to center my inner being, breaking eggs and burning sage or trying to stop eating mean. It never works out. 

Interviewer: What is your favorite quote?

Kim: My favorite quote is “Where ever you go may people recognize your beautiful heart.” I don’t know who wrote it but it had also resinated with me since I was in high school. 

Interviewer: What inspires you the most?

Kim: What inspired me the most is seeing other black women accomplish things and flourishing. Especially girls I know personally, and seeing them working hard to accomplish their goals makes me want to work hard to accomplish my own.

Interviewer: What is one thing that you’re most passionate about?

Kim: The thing i;m most passionate about in my life right now is writing. I just started writing this year and its just been so exhilarating and freeing. And just being able to express myself in a different way and not being in my comfort zone. Its just amazing.

Interviewer: What do you aspire to be?

Kim: I aspire to be the dopest person ever. With a great job that will give me frequent flyer miles so i can travel the world.

Interviewer: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Kim: I really really want to go to Rome because I think it’s absolutely gorgeous and i’m just obsessed with like olds architecture.