This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Neuroscience, Pre-Med

Hometown: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Favorite Quote:  “If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.” Blair Waldorf

What I’ve learned in college: The most important lesson that I’ve learned in college is that one grade or one class won’t define your future success. Graduate schools and employers look at the big picture and that’s what you should focus on.

Advice to underclassmen: Classes do get hard overtime but you also get better at studying for them and at managing your time. So basically don’t freak out, you will survive!

On-Campus Involvement: I work at the Hill Student Center, I am a Resident Assistant in the New Freshman Residence Hall, I was part of the 2016 Student Homecoming Committee, and I was also involved in Greek life for a year.

What Made Me Decide To Start a YouTube Channel: I’ve always had a passion for makeup and I’ve tried to focus on budget friendly brands and products since I’m a broke college student. So I thought it would be a good idea to share it with others, especially with my fellow makeup lovers who are also on a tight budget.

How Can You Follow Me: Instagram: @thejuliaandrade

Youtube channel: Flawless on a Budget

5 Facts About Me: My personal motto is "Que sera, sera". I try to defend the silver lining at all costs. I love my mom and my sorority. I am fashion-obsessed with a slight online shopping addiction. I am currently surviving on chocolate and coffee. Follow me @samramic and @college.catwalk
HCUAB