Meet Hunter Childers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Hunter Childers
Age: 18
Hometown: Red Bay, AL
Year: Freshman
Major: Pre-Med
Relationship status: Sorry girls! He’s taken!!!
Favorite Movie: 21 Jump Street
Favorite Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival

HerCampus: What are your hobbies that you like to do in your spare time?
HC: I really enjoy doing a lot of physical activities. For example, I really love to go rock climbing at the UAB Rec Center. I am also really into playing football and basketball. When I am not doing that, I enjoy to fish as well.

HerCampus: Let’s talk about your dream date. What would you like to do if you had an unlimited supply of money?
HC: I would want to give my girlfriend a memorable night. So, I would start out with buying her the best bouquet of flowers I could find. Then, I would pick her up and take her to see her favorite band (Maroon 5) in concert. Finally, I would end the night with a nice, intimate dinner at J. Alexander’s Steakhouse.

HerCampus: How would you describe the type of girl you are interested in?
HC: Well, I have to be careful how I answer this question. (Jokingly). I would definitely have to say that my dream type of girl is my girlfriend. I could not ask for anyone better.

HerCampus: Is there anything else that you would like the readers to know?
HC: Nope. Is there anything else you want to know? 

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.