Meet Brittney Clark!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.
  • Brittney Clark
  • Year: Junior
  • Major: Biology/Pre-med
  • Hometown: Birmingham, AL
  • Campus Involvement: Black Student Awareness Committee, Leadership and Service Council

HC: Brittney, when you aren’t busy with school, what do you do in yours spare time?
BC: I’m probably working at Brighton Collectibles, making money! If I’m not at work, I’m modeling. 

HC: What does your modeling career entail?
BC: I’m a freelance model, so I’ve done everything form runway to commercial. I recently modeled at the NAACP fashion show at the Birmingham Museum of Art. Also, this summer I was featured in Alabama Magazine July/August 2011 for the swimsuit debut. It was my first magazine shoot!

HC: Where are your favorite places to shop at?
BC: Urban Outfitters is a stable store that typically has something for everyone. I also like to shop around at different boutiques such as Soca Clothing in Homewood.

HC: What do you usually do on the weekends?
BC: I love to go out with friends. I particularly like to eat at SPR. They used to have a roll called the Big Cheesy that was amazing. I love food. I’ve actually considered creating a food blog for UAB.

HC: What do you plan to do after you graduate?
BC: My mom was a burn victim at the age of 2, so her story has inspired me to become a cosmetic dermatologist. 

HC: Any dermatology tips?
BC: Girls, it is essential to wash your face at least twice a day! Air carries dirt and bacteria. Also, it’s a huge no-no to go to sleep with make-up on. And always moisturize.

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.