This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Name: Emmanuel Dewayne Talley

Age: 21

Classification: Senior

Major: Accounting

Minor: Finance

Hometown: Pleasant Grove, Alabama

What activities are you involved in on campus?

“Vice President of the Iota Nu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated, Brother-At-Large of the Eta Beta Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi Honors Fraternity Incorporated, BMEN Mentor, and Resident Assistant in the New Freshman Residence Hall.”

What advice do you have for freshmen?

“Be involved on campus, but do not be too involved that you let your GPA suffer. School comes first, but remember to have fun. There are a lot of resources on campus, so if you do not understand one of your classes, please seek help. Dress for success, and do not be nervous to step out of your comfort zone. Actively seek out opportunities; do not expect them to seek you. College brings opportunities to grow, so never let anyone tell you that you can’t do anything. Be the change that you want to see in the world around you.”

What has been one of your favorite moments here at UAB?

“I have had a lot of favorite moments here at UAB, but I feel like my favorite has been running for Mr. UAB. It felt really great to have people campaigning for me and pulling for me to win. Although I did not win, the experience helped me to come out of my comfort zone. I’m not really a very social person, but this experience made me realize that if you really want to achieve a goal that you have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone.”

Do you have any regrets about your college career?

“A lot of the time I was too involved, and I forgot to have fun. In my college career, I had an amazing time; I have an amazing GPA and awesome friends, but I could have had more fun.”

Where do you see yourself in the future?

“In my near future, I see myself applying and getting into the fast track Master’s of Accounting Program offered here at UAB. I plan on graduating April 2017 with my Bachelor’s degree and April 2018 with my Master’s degree. After completing these programs, I would like to work as an external auditor for one of the Big four Accounting firms. I would like to start my auditing career somewhere in the South, but my ultimate dream is to one day work on Wall Street in New York as an external auditor for a firm. To achieve this dream, I have to remember to keep the Lord first in everything that I do and to never be afraid of failure.”

What is something about you that people would be surprised to know?

“I won prom king in high school, I love to watch Naruto, I was on the girl’s basketball team in high school, I love Kit Kats, and my favorite food combination is chicken fingers and fries with a Sprite.”

Do you have a favorite quote?

“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

If you could meet one person in the world who would it be?

“LeBron James!”

Is there anything else you want us to know?

“My favorite people in the world other than my family: Keondria Moon, Maya Holloway, Justice Wallace, Ashley Leonard, Chidima Orji, and all UAB Alpha’s!”

Kryshonna is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in marketing. She is passionate about food, creating, and finding small ways to be happy. When she isn't acting as the Campus Correspondent, she can be found catching dinner with friends, wandering around Birmingham, or catching up on Youtube. She has a new found love for the color baby pink along with a number of other things including: working out, boba tea, and fuzzy things. For inspiration and fashion posts, you can follow her on Instagram @kokokrys.  Schedule Schedule