Entertainment

Marsai Martin Reveals Her New Production Studio

Marsai Martin is among the list of teen stars taking over Hollywood at the moment. The 14-year-old Black-ish star recently landed her first deal with Universal Pictures for her own production company, Genius Productions. This deal makes her the youngest person in history to ink a deal with a major studio. 

Genius Productions aims to create "compelling stories for television, features, and digital," according to the studio's website. The Los Angeles-based production company will be developing scripted series for Universal Pictures. The first project Martin will be working on is titled StepMonster. It's a comedy about a teenager adjusting to her new stepmom, which is a completely relatable scenario for many people. In other news, Marsai Martin is also became the youngest person to ever executive produce a film with her upcoming movie, "Little". 

The teen star recently took to social media to reveal her production studio and its logo. Genius Productions' logo is a silhouette that resembles Martin with her natural puff, pink glasses and lipstick. She also revealed a pop art style collage of herself that is on the walls of the new studio.  

At the age of 14 Martin has accomplished a lot and she plans to do much more. According to her website, when she grows up she wants to be a legend! Well Marsai, we think you're well on your way! 

You can catch a glimpse Marsai's greatness on Black-ish every Tuesday at 9/8c!

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.