March Movie Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Say Goodbye to February and Hello to March. March is a special month because it means that it’s also St. Patrick’s Day, Spring Break, and a month where basketball fans go crazy… It’s time for March Madness, but this also means it is time for new movies to come out. So if you are looking for new movies to watch with your friends during this lovely month, here are some to check out.

1. Logan

Logan is the last installment in the Wolverine franchise and the last time we will see Hugh Jackman play the iconic character of Wolverine. The film is the first rated R movie in the Wolverine movies, so be prepared to see blood and violence in this movie. The film has already gotten great reviews by critics who have got to see the movie early so audiences should have something to look forward too when this movie hits the big screen March 3rd.

2. Kong: Skull Island

Kong: Skull Island comes out March 9th and is actually providing a different take on the favorite ape, King Kong. This movie will explore the island that King Kong lives on and show just how powerful King Kong can truly be, so expect a bunch of action. This film stars Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, John Goodman, and many other famous actors. The movie is also a set up for an upcoming King Kong vs. Godzilla movie.

3. Beauty and The Beast

Beauty and The Beast is a live action take on the cartoon movie Disney made years ago. The movie stars Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as the Beast. The movie comes out on March 17th so be prepared to re-live your childhood all over again with this classic story.

4. Power Rangers

Power Rangers comes out March 24th and is a darker take on the power rangers franchise. If you grew up with the power rangers as a kid this will definitely be on your must see list in March. The movie stars Elizabeth Banks, Bryan Cranston, Becky G, and many others.

5. The Boss Baby

If you are looking for a family-friendly film to go take you little brother or sister to see, then Boss Baby is the movie you are looking for. The movie stars Alec Baldwin as a talking baby who pairs up with his seven-year-old brother to stop the CEO of Puppy Co. The movie will be released March 31st.

Jessica.Virgo.Dog Lover. Struggling College Student
HCUAB