This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Everyone deserves a chance in life, so help us by joining the fight to end pediatric cancer by supporting Love Your Melon! But what exactly is Love Your Melon? Read the information below to find out everything you need to know.

Mission: Love Your Melon is an apparel brand dedicated to giving a hat to every child battling cancer in America. Love Your Melon also supports nonprofit organizations who lead the fight against pediatric cancer.

How it all Started: Love Your Melon was founded in an entrepreneurship class by Zach & Brian of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul Minnesota in 2012.

The Impact: In 2014, Love Your Melon went on two nationwide tours to spread its mission from coast to coast. Which lead to the development of the Campus Crew Program.

Crews: Each Campus Crew can have up to 20 members. When buying products, buyers have the option at check-out to select their school. The school of their choosing will get 1 credit for every piece of merchandise that is purchased. As credits start to accumulate different opportunities and resources will become available for the Campus Crews to participate in.

Goals/Donations: Love Your Melon has since reached their first goal of donating 45,000 hats to children undergoing cancer treatment, & their second goal of donating over 1.1 million dollars to pediatric cancer research, immediate support for families & donating more than 75,000 hats to children battling cancer. 50% of net proceeds of all Love Your Melon products are donated to Love Your Melon’s nonprofit partners in the fight against pediatric cancer.

Products: Love Your Melon includes a variety of products ranging from Beanies, Pom Beanies, Cuffed Beanies, Caps, Apparel & Accessories.

Since this amazing organization started, Love Your Melon has touched the lives of thousands of children and their families. If you are interested in supporting Love Your Melon or would like to join your Campus Crew please go to loveyourmelon.com for more information!

The University of Alabama at Birmingham Alumnae | Her Campus Chapter Advisor?
HCUAB