Let’s Appreciate the Best Dressed Men at the 2016 Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

You know what’s refreshing? A guy on the red carpet wearing anything but the standard black tuxedo we all know so well. Fortunately, some of the attendees of Sunday’s Academy Awards were happy to stand out at an event where the ladies tend to get the most attention. Even if you don’t plan on wearing any kind of tuxedo yourself, maybe these men’s styles can spark some inspiration. 

Eddie Redmayne

Playing with different textures, the star of The Danish Girl makes a subtle difference with a velvet Alexander McQueen jacket. In fact, he wasn’t the only one sporting velvet at the Oscars- a major trend alert!

Mark Ruffalo

Pictured with his wife Sunrise Coigney, Ruffalo wore a beautifully eye-catching shade of blue in this custom Valentino tuxedo.

Kevin Hart

The well-loved comedian always has great style at any event, and the Oscars are no exception. His Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo jacket was detailed with just enough glittering black rhinestones for a charming look without going over the top. 

Jared Leto

Leto had one of the most unique looks of the night in a gorgeous Gucci tux with contrasting red piping. The flower in lieu of a bowtie and the snake-inspired Gucci shoes makes for a fun and different take on the classic red carpet outfit. 

Common

The actor and hip-hop star stood out in a lovely pure white Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo with a black bowtie and shoes to balance out the entire look.

Pharrell Williams

Pharrell, pictured with wife Helen Lasichanh, mixed things up with a minor but trendy change to his Lanvin suit- rolled up pants with no socks in sight, presenting a boldly casual twist to formalwear. 

But Who Definitely Remembered to Bring Socks?

The cutest kid in the world, Jacob Tremblay of course!

HCUAB