How to Stick Your Fitness Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

How to Stick to Your Fitness Goals in 2017

Well, it is obviously a new year and with that means everyone is about to hit the gym. It is well known that when it is a new year people plan to start getting into better shape. However, people are known to fall off track after a month and go back to old habits. If you really want to your fitness goals this year here are some types to make sure that you do not fall off track. 

1.Keep a Journal             

Keeping a journal when you planning on losing weight helps you to stay on track because you are keeping up with the things that you have done for the day. You also get to track your progress and hopefully seeing all the things you have accomplish fitness wise will help you not stop going to the gym 

2. Take Progress Pictures              

Taking progress pictures can help you see the small changes that are happening to your body since you started working out. Progress pictures are sometimes better than stepping on the scale every day or week. Seeing the small changes in your body will be enough to keep you motivated to keep going.

3. Find a Workout Buddy            

Having a friend that wants to help get healthy along with is a great way to help you stay on track. With a friend they will be going through the same emotions of getting strong and healthy so you will not feel alone.

4. Switch up Your Workouts           

Never keep doing the same workout over and over because eventually, it would get extremely boring. Try taking different exercises stuff as dance, strength training, or yoga. So, do not keep doing the treadmill and switch up the workouts to make going to the gym different and fun every time.

5. Enjoy your journey        

One thing about a fitness journey is that it is not easy. You will always have up and downs when it comes to fitness. But, when you keep going and trying you will eventually see the progress and enjoy the journey of becoming healthy. Also, when you reach the end of your goal it will feel like the best reward you ever received  

Jessica.Virgo.Dog Lover. Struggling College Student
HCUAB