This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

If you’re anything like all the other Starbucks lovers in the world, holiday cup season is always highly anticipated. Not only will you receive your coffee in an adorable holiday themed cup, but you can also start indulging in all your favorite holiday drinks now! 

Starbucks has been releasing holiday cups every fall since 1997. It is arguably one the coffee world’s most anticipated days of the year. Over the last few years, these cups have sparked a debate on whether they’re too “Christmas-y” or “not Christmas-y enough.”  This year, Starbucks has listened to the people and is going full force with the traditional Christmas theme. 

On Nov. 1 they released four new cup designs for this year, and they’re all classic red, green and white!

Credit: Starbucks

Starbucks is also running a promotion today, Nov. 2 for a free reusable red cup with the purchase of a holiday drink! The reusable cup can be used to get a 50 cent discount on your holiday drinks all holiday season after 2 p.m., plus they’re super cute to have! We suggest you head over to your nearest Starbucks soon because the promotion is only while supplies last! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.