This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Tired of the same old food on campus?

Well here’s a list of some of the hottest spots to eat around town!

Fried Chicken:

1. Hattie B’s

• Their specicalty is great fried chicken and are located downtown in the Lakeview area on 7th Avenue South.

2. Yo Mama’s

• Craving chicken and waffles? Well look no further! Yo Mama’s has some of the best in town along with other southern inspired dishes, shimp and grits anyone?

Italian:

3. Guissepes 

• This hole in the wall is located in very close proximity to campus and has some of the most delcious italian food that I have ever tasted. No matter what you order, you’re bound to walk away with a happy and full stomach.

Seafood:

4. Magic City Krabs

• In the mood for some good seafood? Magic City Crabs has great seafood plates at affordable prices.

BBQ:

5. Rodney Scotts

• A new bbq spot in town located near the Avondale area on 3rd Avenue South has been getting some raveeee reviews, stay tuned…

Bar Style:

6. Paramount

• Located in the downtown area, this pub style eatery has great food,drinks, and even video games! *recommendation alert, the wings are to DIE for*

Diner:

7. Johns City Diner

• A modern day diner located downtown in the building that has the famous “its nice to have you in Birmingham” sign, this chic eatery has lots of southern comfort food items on its menu.  

Brunch:

8. Another Broken Egg

• A popular brunch spot that has many locations around the city offers and offers a variety of delicious dishes and is a great place to grab your girl gang and have brunch! *recommendation alert, the beignets are awesome!*

9. First Watch 

• A day time insprired cafe, First Watch also has many locations around the city and its menu has lots of healthy eating options!

10. Big Bad Breakfast 

• Last but not least, BBB is one of my favorite brunch spots in Birmingham that has multiple locations in Homewood and 280. They serve some of the best breakfast items around (and I’m not even a huge fan of breakfast)

Bon Appetit Ladies!