Foolproof Thanksgiving Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Thanksiving outfit planning can be tricky, because there are different types of events. There are casual events, like Black Friday and watching football games with the fam, and more formal ones, like Thanksgiving dinner and going out with friends from back home. I’ve taken the work out finding chic and appropriate outfits, so you can sit back and enjoy your holiday season!

Black Friday’s focus should be on finding amazing shopping deals, not about untying your laces and ripping off millions of layers of clothes. Keep your outfit simple with slip-on shoes, loose jeans (so you can pig out the night before), a comfy sweater, and minimal accessories. Wake up your face at 3am with a cream blush that you can use on your lips and cheecks and some mascara. It’s simple and easy, but you’ll look polished.

Watching the football games or the Macy’s Day Parade with the family is a casual, loungy event, so I just paired some colored jeans with a billowy top and glittery sneakers to up the fun factor. Thanksgiving dinner really depends on your family’s style. My family is super-casual, so this year I’ll probably just wear jeans, a t-shirt, and some mountain boots. If you’re going to a party or your family is more formal, slip on a pretty shirt, chandelier earrings, dark wash jeans, and some nude pumps. Hope these outfit suggestions helped!

Jaime is a junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. There she is the captain of her varsity golf team and a journalism and English double-major. She is an active member in the Student Athletic Advisory Committee where she helps organize volunteer opportunities and social functions for student-athletes at UAB. Jaime enjoys cooking, entertaining friends, reading/writing blogs, fashion, and of course, golf. She aspires to eventually write for a major magazine or write chick-lit books.