jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Eight Ways We Can Change the World From Kid President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

1. “Treat everybody like it’s their birthday.” 

Birthdays are the best days! Wouldn’t the world be so much better of a place if we treated everyone else like it was their birthday? So let’s do it. 

2. “Never Quit.”

Let’s talk about how awesome Space Jam is. Now let’s talk about how happy we are that Michael Jordan did not quit. Life is hard. It may seem like the world may never change. Sometimes it would be easier to just quit, but hey, you could be the next Michael Jordan! 

3. “Love is always louder than hate.”

With everything going on in the world, it’s easy to be discouraged by all the hate that seems to be going around. Kid President reminds us that no matter how loud the haters seem to be, love wil always be the winning force. It is our job to shout love from the rooftops! 

4. “Keep an open heart.” 

What if we lived in a world where everyone opened their heart more than they opened their mouths? I bet there would be more acceptance and understanding. We can change the world by living with our hearts wide open. 

5. “Treat people with respect, even when you disagree.”

We all can’t agree all the time, but one thing we can do all the time is respect each other as human beings. In fact, it is very important that we try to understand things from other people’s point of view. That is the only way that we can keep an open mind. If you only listen to people who agree with you, you are robbing yourself of perspective. 

6. “Be a party.”

Everybody loves a good party. We should all be happy and bring the party everywhere we go! You never know who’s life you may impact with your positivity. 

7. “Throw kindness around like confetti.”

You can’t be a party without confetti! Smile at people, hold the door for them, or even put quarters in someone’s parking meter. When you see something beautiful in someone, you should speak it! Spreading kindness not only brightens other people’s day, but it also will put you in a good mood too!  

8. “Make the world dance.”

Be awesome. Spread kindness, and don’t be afraid to dance! Your positive vibes can make the world dance as well. 

I am a dreamer, avid jigsaw puzzler, and future teacher. I value education, and I hope to use it to change the world!
HCUAB