A Collegiette’s Guide to Game Day Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

There are plenty of things to be excited about when heading off to college. A new living space, new people, campus parties and of course college football! Unfortunately when I arrived at UAB our football program had already been cut, but after 143 Saturday’s they’re finally back! This past Saturday UAB Football stepped back onto Legion Field to kickoff their 2017-2018 season against Alabama A&M. Over 45,000 students, alumni, and Birmingham locals filled the stadium to set a record high. Amongst the crowd I couldn’t help but notice all the game day outfits! Now that football season has officially begun it’s time to get our outfits together. Of course everyone has their own style, but here’s a quick guide to putting together an outfit for yourself!

Green and Gold!

Be proud to be a Blazer! Grab yourself some UAB paraphernalia, a basic bottom, some cute sandals and you’re set! This is probably the simplest route, but you will be cute and comfortable in the stands!

Dress it up!

We all like to dress up a little, so why not on game day? Style a romper or t-shirt dress with some cute accessories and you’re good to go. You can add some booties if you’re feeling it or just stick to flats! Make sure you snap some cute pics for instagram too!

Sport your stuff!

You can’t go wrong with a jersey. Stop by Snoozy’s and get yourself a football jersey. Top it off with some leggings and your choice of sneaker!

Be The Ultimate Blazer!

It’s the first season of football since 2014 and everyone’s excited…so go all out! Paint, glitter, costumes, you name it! School spirit is at an all time high right now and the game is the perfect excuse to let your creativity take over. Who knows? You might even end up on the jumbo tron for your wild looks!

Be sure to check out the game day bag policy when you’re accessorizing. You don’t want to be denied access at the gate!

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents. 
HCUAB