This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

• cute sunglasses

Who said you can’t protect your eyes and be in style at the same time? Find your favorite pair and don’t forget to pack them.

• cooler

A cooler is essential for a great day at the beach. They are great to keep drinks cold so you can stay hydrated. You could even pack a picnic in one to keep your lunch cool. There are so many options and styles so finding the perfect one is a breeze.

• swimsuit you feel confident in

The most important thing about the trip is that you enjoy yourself and it’s easiest to enjoy yourself when you are confident. Finding the perfect swimsuit is the best way to make you feel confident. It doesn’t matter if it’s a bikini or a one piece, as long as you feel great in it.

• umbrella

We all know when you go to the beach your goal is to get a tan, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need an occasional break from the sun. An umbrella will make it easier to take a break in the shade without having to pack up and go inside.

• bluetooth speaker or a good book

Listen to your favorite tunes while soaking in the sunshine or maybe relax with a good book.

Hannah is a freshman at UAB and is majoring in communications with a concentration in journalism.
HCUAB