mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Movies to Look Forward to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

For many of us summer means putting down the pencils and paper and picking up a job. However, summer also means new top-tier movies being released just about every weekend. Here are just a few movies you should gear up to go see with friends and/or family that will cure the boredom that summer can sometimes bring.  

1. Avengers: Infinity War 

Here at UAB our summer starts April 27th, which is coincidentally the same day that Avengers: Infinity War comes out in theaters. With a stellar cast combined by all of your favorite Marvel superheroes, this is a movie that you do not want to miss. Go see this movie with some friends the weekend of the 27th to celebrate school being out for the summer.  

2. Solo: A Star Wars Story 

This movie follows the beloved Han Solo in his journey before he joins the Rebellion. The cast includes Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson and more. If you’re even somewhat of a Star Wars fan then you have to go checkout this movie when it’s released in theaters on May 25th. 

3. Ocean’s 8 

You’ve probably heard of the classic Las Vegas heist movie Ocean’s 11 and the sequels Ocean’s 12 and Ocean’s 13, but you now need to  prepare yourself for the female centric new addition to this series. This movie has pretty much all of your favorite female actors such as Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Rihanna, and many more. The female power in this movie is going to blow us all out of the water. Don’t miss out on seeing Ocean’s 8 when it hits theaters on June 8th.  

4. Incredibles 2 

For all of us who grew up on Disney, this sequel is something we have waited 14 years for. I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to see The Incredibles back in action. This long-awaited sequel comes out in theaters on June 15.  

5. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 

When Jurassic World hit theaters in 2015 it quickly became a box office hit. I thought that movie was the end of the Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series, but when I found out another film was coming out I was overjoyed. This next movie still features Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard as they attempt to save the rest of the dinosaurs from the island. This movie comes out on June 22nd so grab some friends and go see it. 

6. Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again 

This is the one I’m probably the most excited about seeing this summer. It’s now been 10 years since Mamma Mia was released and so a sequel was long overdue. This movie follows young Donna, played by Lily James, as she first meets Bill, Harry, and Sam. While the sequel shows the younger versions of characters, it still includes all your favorite stars from the original, except maybe Meryl Streep. I can’t wait to be a dancing queen again when this movie hits theaters on July 20th.