5 Easy Ways to Bring Spring to Your Dorm Room

For many, spring is the time to clean and minimize. During this process, your dorm may begin to feel a bit empty and bland. You can bring it back to life with these 5 easy, affordable spring decorating ideas!

1. Colorful Wall Art

Whether you DIY or buy in-store, get fancy or keep it simple, canvas art will spruce up the plain dorm walls. 

2. Succulents

Succulents are plants that store water in their leaves such as a cactus. These little plants will add the perfect amount of greenery that your dorm needs to fit into the spring theme. 

3. Colorful Bedding

If you have simple bedding, you can change it up by throwing on coloful, patterned pillows. It's a small way to make a big difference in the appearance of your room.

4. Fresh Flowers

This could be used as an excuse to treat yourself. Flowers pair perfectly in a old candle jar, wine bottle, or mason jar. You can leave the glasses clear or spice them up by painting them and adding glitter.

5. Floral Scent

Since candles are not allowed in dorm rooms, wax warmers are the best alternative for candle lovers. They can purchased at a variety of places including Wal-Mart and Target. You can add to the mood of your room by burning a nice, floral scent.