This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Great beauty products don’t have to come at a steep price. There are many budget friendly options that work just as well or better than their higher priced counterparts. This of course depends on what products work best for you; don’t be scared to give a budget friendly product a try just because everyone loves something else. Trying something new may lead you to a new favorite product.

• Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray

This is the holy grail of facial sprays. This product is a combination of rosewater, aloe, and herbs. I have used this spray for setting makeup; it does just as well as any other setting spray I have used. The spray can also be used to hydrate your skin. I have used this spray without makeup for redness in my face and it has worked wonders. The hydration decreases the redness enough to where it is barely noticeable. This spray is available on Ulta Beauty’s website in three different sizes ranging from $5-12.00.  

• Maybelline FaceStudio Master Prime: Hydrate and Smooth

On my search for primers I came across this one as a sample and have been very impressed. This primer fits its name. In the past when I would wear makeup my skin would feel dry and scratchy at the end of the day, but this primer solves those problems. I put on a thin layer before my makeup and it keeps my skin feeling hydrated and soft throughout the day. In the past I had also struggled with acne and had had problems with products becoming oily or greasy; this product doesn’t have that problem. It keeps the skin hydrated, but doesn’t create an oily sheen over time. This primer is $9.99 on Ulta Beauty’s website.

• EcoTools Total Perfecting Blender

The Ecotools blender works well with liquid foundations. It gives the foundation a smooth finish. I use the blender dampened with water and have found that wetting the sponge helps with blending product. This also lessens the amount of product soaked into the sponge. Another awesome thing about this product is that it is made of plant based material and is cruelty free. This blender is $4.99 on Ulta Beauty’s website.

• Burt’s Bees Flavor Crystals Lip Balm

Now that winter is upon us it is important to keep our lips from being chapped. This lip balm does just that. It is made with a mix of coconut oil, vitamin E, beeswax, sunflower oil, and fruit extract. This lip balm doesn’t have a heavy feeling, but is still moisturising. This lip balm has three wonderful scents: sweet orange, red raspberry, and tropical pineapple. This is a lip balm I make sure not to lose. This lip balm can be found on Ulta Beauty’s website for $3.99.

• Ulta Automatic Eyeliner

As someone that has always struggled with doing eyeliner that is even remotely presentable I understand the need for an easy to use liner. This liner has a mid sized tip that goes on easily and smoothly. The pencil is retractable which takes away the hassle of having to sharpen your eyeliner. The formula is also waterproof, but comes off easily with makeup remover without hard scrubbing. This liner is available in a wide variety of colors that range from matte to metallic or glitter.  So whether you are looking for a metallic teal or matte black you are sure to find the liner for you. This liner is $8.00 on Ulta Beauty’s website.

Hannah is a freshman at UAB and is majoring in communications with a concentration in journalism.
HCUAB