Style > Beauty

3 Reasons to Incorporate Rosehip Oil in Your Beauty Regimen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

In the past, my beauty regimen has always been up in the air. When it came to setting a routine I just couldn’t seem to narrow things down. Now, although I’m still looking to add a few steps, I have settled on a simple routine that works for me.

One product I include is rosehip oil. I’m pretty sure I came across it on some YouTube video, but nonetheless I decided to give it a try. I have been using rosehip oil in my regimen for over a year and I can honestly say that I will probably never stop. It has been the one product the my skin seems to approve of over an extended period of time. Rosehip oil has helped me with moisture and has visibly reduced hyperpigmentation. If you’re looking to add an oil or serum to your regimen, I would definitely recommend giving rosehip oil a shot!

Benefits of Rosehip Oil
  1. It hydrates! The fatty acids in rosehip oil are essential to our skin. They help strengthen the skin so that the skin cells don’t lose water. This makes rosehip oil perfect to use during the winter.
  2. Rosehip oil helps reduce inflammation. If you suffer from eczema or dermatitis, you might want to try out rosehip oil! The propoerties in the oil may help reduce inflamation and calm the skin. 
  3. It reduces hyperpigmentation. The Vitamin A in rosehip oil helps treat dark spots and hyperpigmentation from sun exposure, acne scars, and hormonal changes. 
How do you use it?

Incorporating rosehip oil or any oil in your beauty regimen is easy! After you wash and tone your face take a few drops of oil and apply it to your face. If you want to use other products, you can continue on by applying any topical treatments or moisturizers that you wish! You can apply the oil morning and night like I do, or just whenever you do your skincare. 

Disclaimer: Be sure to complete a test patch before applying the oil to your face. This will help you determine if your skin might have an immediate reaction to the ingredients! 

Apply a small amount of oil to your wrist and leave it overnight. If there are no signs of irritation then proceed to test it out on your face! 

Visit healthline.com to check out more benefits of rosehip oil! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.