Style > Beauty

3 Moisturizing Products That You Must Try!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Moisturizing is an important step in almost every routine you can think of. Skin care, hair care, body care… it all needs moisture! This week I tested three products from Palmer’s that I think you should definitely check out on your next store run. 

1. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack ($1.95)

I personally only go through my hair washing routine once a week. This week I used the coconut oil protein pack to deep condition my hair after I had shampooed my hair. The package suggests leaving it on for 10-20 minutes, so I let my hair condition while I showered and then rinsed it. Immediately I noticed that my hair looked and felt softer. Plus, it smelled great! If you’re not a fan of coconut oil though the scent might be a bit overbearing. The protein pack’s ingredient list includes: organic extra virgin coconut oil, Tahitian Monoi, coconut milk, keratin protein, silk protein, vitamin e. These are all products that help with repairing damaged hair and sealing moisture. Palmer’s also lists this product as being free of parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, phthalates, gluten, GMOs and harsh chemicals (a.k.a all the yucky stuff). It’s a great choice for all of the naturalistas on a budget! 

2. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Original Solid ($3.88)

For as long as I can remember, cocoa butter has been a household product of mine. Everyone in my family uses it. I recommend this product to anyone who’s looking for deep moisturization! This is especially great for people who might suffer from eczema and dry skin. I like to use my cocoa butter after a shower to restore some of the moisture to my skin. Palmer’s original formula is made with pure cocoa butter and vitamin e which helps relieve dry, itchy skin and reduce stretch marks. Try using this product overnight for maximum hydration. 

3. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion ($3.97)

If you’re looking for a light daily moisturizer this is a good option! Again, if you’re not a fan of coconut then you may not enjoy the scent, but the moisture is worth it! This lotion is made with raw coconut oil, monoï oil, and sweet almond oil that softens, hydrates, and soothes your skin. I think the mini size of this lotion is great to keep in your bag for on the go moisture! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.