photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

It’s officially Thanksgiving and it’s that time of year to reflect back on what we are thankful for! I am thankful for so many things in my life, and so many of the people in my life. Here is a list of my top five things that I am grateful for:

1. My family

My family is pretty great. I come from a medium size extended family and we don’t always get together for every holiday but I do get to see them quite a bit. We always have a lot of fun at family gatherings and laugh really hard. There is always great food and funny stories. But specifically in this, I am super thankful for my mom and dad because they are really supportive and always get excited about my future. They always have the best advice and the best hugs. They are my best friends in the whole world and I’m thankful to have such great parents.

2. My friends

My friends are some of the bestest friends a girl could ask for. From my high school friends to all the various friends I have made through college, they are some of the most supportive people. The time I get to spend with my friends helps keep me sane during really stressful times. I have a great network of people that can help me out of a pinch as well as provide me with some really great stories. 

3. My pets

My pets are one of my favorite parts about coming home, besides my parents. I love seeing my two little cats and my fat little dog (that is exactly what I call them too). They always put a smile on my face. I always look forward to seeing them and hugging them, though the two cats aren’t huge fans of that. I’m thankful that I have such nice animals I can come home to. 

4. Cheesecake & other baked goods

I love cheesecake and desserts. I’m thankful that I have the ability to cool the meals that I love and the desserts that I love. I’m thankful that I have a nice kitchen and kitchen supplies to make delicious food. I love to cook and for that I am super thankful. 

5. The life I lead

The life I lead is pretty great. I have a great family, great friends, good food, and nice pets. I have also had opportunities in my life that not everyone has had. I have marched in 3 different parades with the Wyoming All-State Marching band, and was able to play in 3 different seasons of sports. I was able to travel aboard this summer for a couple of classes for my History degree. My life is relatively drama free from day to day and I have had wonderful work opportunities. Though there are some things that I complain and wish that some things were different, but in reality everything happens for a reason so I guess I’m just content with what my life has in it. I’ve learned that if you keep saying you’ll be happy or life will be better after this or that then you’ll never be happy. I’m thankful for the life I lead because I’m happy with it.

*All photos courtesy of the author*

Annie Stratton

U Wyoming '20

History Major at University of Wyoming The nerdiest of nerds Movie Lover Hufflepuff to the core Avid DisneyBounder "How wonderful the color yellow is. It stands for the sun." -Vincent Van Gogh
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016