We Are Her Campus: Katelyn Hekkert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Katelyn Hekkert

Year: Sophomore

Degree Sought: Marketing

Hometown: Highlands Ranch, CO

Her Campus: Why did you decide to attend school at UW?

Katelyn Hekkert: I didn’t even think about looking at this school until I had to bring my friend here for a tour. I instantly fell in love with the people and the culture and the College of Business building. It really is a hidden gem that no one outside Wyoming knows about.

HC: Why did you choose your degree?

KH: I like working with people and solving problems to improve the way things work. Marketing is a great way to get a lot of experience in different aspects of business. It will also give me the opportunity to travel the world to work on projects.

HC: What is your dream job?

KH: My dream job is to be one of those people who are paid to travel to expensive hotels and go on all of those awesome adventures and post it on social media. I know their lives aren’t as glamorous as they seem on social media but I love traveling and would love to be paid to travel.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

KH: Playing with my dogs, outdoor activities, napping, eating and rewatching Grey’s Anatomy

HC: What is your favorite class/professor at UW?

KH: My favorite class that I have taken so far is Intro to Marketing with Kent Drummond. He’s hilarious and has a great way of explaining things. I highly recommend his class!

HC: What advice would you give to freshmen?

KH: Don’t make a life and don’t take a life.

HC: Why did you join Her Campus?

KH: I have a lot of opinions and this is a great way to be able to express it. It’s also a great way to get involved with a great group of girls on campus. Her Campus offers so many opportunities for us to get involved on campus and with other chapters around the country.

HC: What is your favorite article/event/memory from HC?

KH: My favorite articles are the ones that involve/discuss food or places to get good food.

HC: Why would you encourage someone else to write for HC?

KH: It’s a great way to talk about what you want to talk about without having to talk to anyone. You can write about practically whatever you are thinking or feeling without being judged for your opinions and beliefs.

HC: What are you most looking forward to moving forward in HC?

KH: I am looking forward to being able to write more articles and raise awareness of HC on campus.

Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.