We Are Her Campus: Jamie Hampton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Jamie Hampton

Year: Junior

Degree Sought: BA in Journalism

Hometown: Cheyenne, WY

Her Campus: Why did you decide to attend school at UW?

Jamie Hampton: The main reason I chose UW was because of the fact that they had a quality Journalism department along with a reasonable price. Also, Laramie is an amazing town with such a great community. I love it.

HC: Why did you choose your degree?

JH: I have known since I was in the 5th grade that I wanted to go into entertainment journalism because I loved hearing and telling people’s stories, especially those of musicians. I found this career path by reading Alternative Press Magazine and have never waivered.

HC: What is your dream job?

JH: My dream job is to either write features on bands for a magazine like Alternative Press or to be the social media coordinator for a musician or band.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

JH: I don’t have many hobbies, but I do love going to live shows, whether it be a concert in Denver or supporting local bands here in Laramie and I also really love hiking because we live in a gorgeous area.

HC: What is your favorite class/professor at UW?

JH: That’s a tough question because I am a nerd and love to learn. I have enjoyed almost all of my Journalism courses (which is a good sign, I guess). My favorite professor outside of the Journalism department would be Tyler Fall, who teaches religion courses.

HC: What advice would you give to freshmen?

JH: My best advice for freshman is always that it is best to get involved on campus and in the community. Freshman year can be tough, but getting involved and meeting new people because of it will make you so much happier.

HC: Why did you join Her Campus?

JH: I actually joined Her Campus because of a friend, but also because I really love to write and this was another opportunity for me to do so.

HC: Why would you encourage someone else to write for HC?

JH: I would encourage someone to write for Her Campus because it’s a fun way to get to write about what you want to write about and you will also make new connections to help enhance your college experience!

Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.
Jamie was born and raised in Wyoming, with a new found love for the town of Laramie. She is a junior studying journalism and hopes to write for a magazine. Music and coffee fuel her life, so she can be found at a local coffee shop or supporting her local music scene. She is also an avid football fan and doesn't miss a chance to watch a Baltimore Ravens game. She hopes to be able to tell the stories of interesting individuals as a career someday.