We Are Her Campus: Alexandra Jacobson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Alexandra Jacobson

Year: Freshman

Degree Sought: Psychology and Honors

Hometown: Lander, WY

Her Campus: Why did you decide to attend school at UW?

Alexandra Jacobson: The campus is close to home, but far enough that I get to experience life in a new place. UW has great opportunities for students, both on campus and in the Laramie community. I love Wyoming and wouldn’t want to start off anywhere else!

HC: Why did you choose your degree?

AJ: I love working with people and understanding the science behind their behaviors. I am fascinated by the human brain!

HC: What is your dream job?

AJ: My dream would be working with kids as a school counselor. I believe this is a way I can work with kids and help them through school and family issues while still focusing on science. Plus, being the mom of the friend group has given me valuable experience as a counselor.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

AJ: I love to read books, drink chai lattes, and watch New Girl. I’m an aspiring yoga student and photographer. Of course, it goes without saying that I love writing articles for HC and pushing myself to become a better writer. I love spending time with my family and friends and trying new experiences.

HC: What is your favorite class/professor at UW?

AJ: My favorite class is Abnormal Psychology; I love learning about how the brain functions and what science has discovered to help those with mental disorders.

HC: What advice would you give to freshmen?

AJ: Go to all the things! The foam party, the floor mixer, everything! I know it will be awkward at first, but just remember that everyone is there to make friends. Introduce yourself to some strangers and see what happens! Also, don’t forget to study. Test-day you will be thankful.

HC: Why did you join Her Campus?

AJ: I loved the idea of being able to build my writing skills while exploring topics that I’m passionate about. HC lets you write whatever you want, whenever you want, so every article is written with some good ol’ TLC.

HC: What is your favorite article/event/memory from HC?

AJ: I loved writing the article Learning to Love Yourself: A Journey. I finally got to say what I’ve been thinking for years without pushing my agenda on people who weren’t interested. The best feeling is that of support when reaching out of your comfort zone. The HC girls and UW community is so amazing about inclusivity.

HC: Why would you encourage someone else to write for HC?

AJ: If you have something important to say and don’t know how to say it, join HC! We embrace any and all opinions and love hearing new perspectives from fellow collegiettes.

HC: What are you most looking forward to moving forward in HC?

AJ: I can’t wait to keep growing as writer and as a person. Writing for HC is such an empowering hobby that has really shaped my freshman year. Here’s to the next 3 years with HC Wyoming!

Wyoming pride with my gramps. Go Pokes!

Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.
Alexandra is a student at the University of Wyoming obtaining a degree in Psychology. She loves to read books, play sports, and go to as many events as possible. She was born and raised in Lander, WY, and regularly facetimes her grandma and her cat. She enjoys spending money she doesn't have on thai, sushi, and chai for almost any occasion. You can follow her college adventures and other shenanigans on Instagram, @ale_xan_dra_j.