UW > CSU: Border War Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

There’s nothing quite like the atmosphere of a week that ends in playing against your rival university. The Border War between Colorado State and Wyoming is kind of a big deal here in Laramie. Don’t get me wrong, a camaraderie exists between CSU and UW. Our students will go to games in Fort Collins and CSU students come up for games here, and typically people don’t get too rowdy. In the spirit of a good rivalry, I present to you why UW is better than CSU.  

War Memorial Stadium

We don’t have to drive off campus to watch our team play. The perks of living in a small town, you can walk to the stadium and not worry about finding parking in the stadium lot.

Cheaper Tuition

Real talk, tuition for natives costs about the same as community college in my hometown. How can you beat that? Many of us Coloradans migrate to Wyoming because out-of-state at UW is comparable to in-state in Colorado. I love my state, but when it comes down to my bank account, I’m loyal to UW. Fun fact: UW has more diversity in the student population than CSU, which is pretty sad considering CSU is the bigger school. The high out-of-state tuition contributes to the lack of outside diversity

Border War Week Activities

The week leading up to the Border War activities centered on beating the sheep are in abundance at UW. From what I hear CSU doesn’t do anything to for the Border War worth mentioning, which automatically makes UW better for hyping up the Border War. CSU students act like they don’t care, but really when a trophy is involved, everyone cares.

.

Mary Had a Little Lamb, and Pete Had a Stallion

Cowboy Joe could trample Cam the Ram without batting an eye. Hands down, a horse wins a fight against a lamb.

Study Abroad

The University of Wyoming grants more scholarships for study abroad than any public university in the country. We’re traveler friendly around here. This might be a selling point for many potential Pokes!

And let us all not forget the fact that UW leads the Border War series. Need I list more reasons UW beats CSU? #beatthesheep

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems.