Thank Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

At this point in life, I’m not really sure what I would do without my best friend. Having someone who always roots for you without judgement is a truly special thing. Even on your worst days, your best friend will throw some inspirational glitter your way and tell you to get your poop in a group. In case you forgot about little things to thank your best friend for, we’ve hooked you up with a few things…Don’t lose that loving feeling for your best friend. Let them know you appreciate them.

Watching movies and eating copious amounts of junk food on random Friday nights. We don’t always need nights like this, but sometimes life is hard and you just need “The Princess Bride” and cookie dough.

Listening to you cry in the middle night when you feel like the actual scum of the earth. Again, some days are harder than others and you feel like you are the worst person alive (you’re not). Luckily, your best friend reminds you that you’re a diamond, even if you feel like a lump of coal.

Reminding you why you started something. Sometimes you don’t feel like any progress is being made with the grind, but your best friend reminds you that results will come, just be patient.

Taking part in a dialect that basically only you both understand. Whether you use hand signals or faces to leave a bad party or failure of a date, you know that you and your best friend are on the same level.

Attending events as your plus one when you lack a SO. When the option of bringing a plus one arises, bringing someone who you know you’ll have a ball with no matter what is comforting.  

Not judging you for your weird topics of discussion, and engaging in conversations about said topics…

Creeping on a potential partner with you. Even taking the creeping an extra step, just to get information for you about that person.

When another person says something to you that brings you down, guess who has the comeback of a lifetime. And you know they mean every word of it because they love you.

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems.