Senior Spotlight: Channing Downing Bice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Our wonderful Senior Editor is leaving us this semester. Channing first came to Her Campus when I told her I was an article short of making content one week. Without hesitation, she pulled up a piece she had on her computer and sent it my way. Since then, Channing has covered not only controversial topics, but topics close to her life and heart. It is not out of the ordinary to shed a tear or four while reading one of her pieces. Channing has a gift of being able to take terrible situations, and writing them in a way that helps encourage others to perservere. We are beyond grateful to have a writer like her, and we can’t wait to watch her conquer the world. 

Her Campus: What are your plans for after graduation?

Channing Downing Bice: Pursuing my masters in Public Communication and Technology at Colorado State University in the fall.

HC: What is your favorite UW related memory?

CDB: Definitely the live music shows we’ve had during my time, particularly the X Ambassadors concert in 2016.

HC: What is your favorite HC  related memory?

CDB: After having a crappy day and walking into meeting crying and mad, within 10 minutes everything terrible about the day went away because I knew I was surrounded by so much strength and positivity. <3

HC: As a graduating senior, what advice would you give your freshman self?

CDB: Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and get involved. Some of the best relationships I’ve had in college were when I was open to meeting new people. I personally wish I would have gotten involved earlier in my college career than I did because there are so many opportunities to find what you love that way.

HC: What will you miss most about college?

CDB: Well, I’ll be in college two more years, but definitely the friendships and mentorships I’ve gained. And being able to start my day at 10 a.m. if I so choose because I’m not great at mornings…

Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.