This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

**Disclaimer: This article contains SPOILERS. Read at your own discretion.**

I finally saw Avengers: Endgame this week and was it pretty good? Yes, I think it was funny and there were some really good fight scenes going on. Did I think it felt redundant? I would also say yes. It seemed like there were two of the same stories taking place in the movie, just like Avengers: Infinity War. Here’s why I think it was fun and here’s why I think it felt redundant. 

I enjoyed the movie because it was actually really funny. It made me laugh all throughout the movie which I was not expecting, but with Ant-man, maybe I should have known. I really enjoyed the part Ant-man played and how he brought some “regular” person attitudes to the movie. I also think killing Thanos at the beginning and following the development of characters after his death was an interesting plot that I also was not expecting. I appreciated the team getting back together and using their collective forces to get the stones back. 

Though the movie was enjoyable, there were some places where I think things get a little redundant. Have we seen this same battle scene before? Yes, which is why I feel this way. The scenery may have been different, but it was basically the same battle. We have also seen the moment where there are a ton of bad guys coming after the good guys. Also, and this may sound weird, but seeing all the same ships from earlier in the movie to when they show up at the end also made it feel redundant. I would have also liked to see more of Captain Marvel, as I think she’s BA. 

Overall, it was pretty good, but I felt the ending could have been better. I don’t have any better suggestions for how it could have ended but I think they might have been able to be more creative with the ending. I did enjoy seeing all of the characters again one last time. I have to say though, seeing Iron Man die was probably the saddest thing to have ever happened. I have no closing words for Avengers, I’m just going to leave it like it is, but I wonder what will come next in the Marvel cinematic universe.

1, 2  

I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!
Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.