Quotes to Quarantine With in 2020

2020 has been a rough year. Most of us don’t even remember the time before spring break hit here in America. We’ve been hit hard by a global pandemic that has been a crucial blow to our mental health and physical health. Through this pandemic, we have also seen a major uproar by the people. As more eyes have been opened to the systemic racism in America, we’ve bared witness to the awe-inspiring movements of many and the gross, violent, and negligent actions of others. We are also a country dealing with political aggression on all fronts. The world around us has been made apparent and scary; we see its flaws. We see the flaws and we see the need for change. When faced with bleak circumstances, it is easy to feel lost, weak, and complacent. However, in such an important time, we should seek strength so we can be active participants in our own lives and in the change that is happening.

protesters holding Black Lives Matter signs Photo by Shane Aldendorff from Pexels

During this time, here are some words to hold in your heart:

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. -Barack Obama

It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. -Maya Angelou

Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. -Mattie Stepanek

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen. -John F. Kennedy

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. -William James

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. -Ernest Hemingway

We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon. -Franklin D. Roosevelt