One of the Best Things About Walmart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

My brother and I were walking through a super market and we came across…a $5 rotisserie chicken. $5 for a whole dang chicken is pretty awesome. As poor college students, we are always looking for deals (or even better free food). My brother just made an awesome comment, he wants to get a rotisserie chicken every week from this super market which of course made me laugh. 

The chicken was delicious and it is so easy to cut up and save for later. I added it to my ramen and made a version of chicken noodle soup. You can shred it and put it on a hamburger bun for a sandwich. I was also going to add it to a quesadilla. There are many things to do with a rotisserie chicken or you can just eat it right off the bird. 

If you go out and look for deals, you can find things for great prices. From living in a small town and moving to somewhere like Laramie, it is great to find cheaper food in a super market. Even for a poor college student, finding not-so-expensive things is doable. These $5 rotisserie chickens should be praised and eaten! 

1

I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!