This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

I love seeing other people’s Spotify top artists and songs, so I thought I would share mine here!

Top Artists

1. Harry Styles

Not trying to brag or anything, but I was in Harry Styles’s top 2% of listeners this year. I knew I had listened to him a lot this year, but I didn’t realize I did that much! I absolutely loved his new album this year and it was my daily soundtrack for a while there. I very excited about my tickets for his concert in Denver, but of course, COVID shut that down. Hopefully, I will finally be able to go to one of his concerts one day!

2. Fiona Apple

Fiona Apple is on my top artists list every single year. She has been my favorite singer since middle school. I find that her music is perfect for whatever mood I’m in, and I honestly can’t think of a single song of hers that I don’t like. If you haven’t heard of Fiona Apple before, do yourself a favor and check her out! She makes me feel powerful.

3. ABBA

ABBA was another one I expected. I tend to listen to ABBA a lot during the summer. It just feels great to drive around with the windows down blasting Mamma Mia. I find that I can put their “This is ABBA” playlist and let it go without feeling the need to skip through every other song. 

4. Dave Matthews Band

This one was definitely a surprise, but I know exactly why it is on here. It’s because “Crash into Me” is my favorite song and I listen to it all the time. I do listen to some of their other music, but not enough for them to be on my tops list. 

5. Norah Jones

I got into Norah Jones this summer and listened to it a lot while driving. Her music is so soothing. It feels like a warm hug and reminds me of my childhood!

Top Songs

1. Here’s Where the Story Ends, The Sundays

I definitely knew this would be my top song. I discovered it this year, and I absolutely love it. It makes me want to twirl around in a field. Please check this song out!

2. Crash into Me, Dave Matthews Band

Like I said earlier, no surprise here. This song is on my top songs every single year. Its the perfect song for when I’m happy or sad. I just feel such a deep connection to it, even though I can realize that it is by no means a particularly amazing song.

3. Watermelon Sugar, Harry Styles

I listened to this song so much in the anticipation of his album’s release. Such a perfect summer song!

4. Supalonely, BENEE and Gus Dapperton

I discovered this song on Tik Tok and grew to really love it. I listened to it on repeat when I went roller skating this summer.

5. Say So, Doja Cat

Another song I discovered on Tik Tok. I was really not expecting this song to be on my list, but looking back I guess I did listen to it a lot for a while.

Elizabeth Mertz

U Wyoming '21

Liz is a junior at the University of Wyoming studying English Education. She's a book enthusiast, Spotify playlist creator, and movie buff. Her life goals include traveling as much as she can afford to and being an awesome teacher.