This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

After seeing The Greatest Showman, I have three words: I’m. In. Love. Whether it be with Zac Efron’s performance, Hugh Jackman’s singing voice, or the amazing story of P.T. Barnum.

Probably…mainly…definitely the performance of Zac Efron (I’m still swooning).

P.T. Barnum was the co-founder of the Barnum and Bailey Circus, and that is who this movie is all about. And, of course, the amazing performers in that circus.

While this is a historic fictional musical, there are still many things that the director Michael Gracey got right. He included the elements of Dog Boy, the Bearded Lady, General Tom Thumb, The Siamese Twins, and the Three-Legged Man. And let’s not forget Jenny Lind, the Swedish opera singer.

This brings me to the original music, written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul. I’m not ashamed that I’ve listened to the soundtrack every morning while getting ready for the past two weeks. It gets my hyped up and ready for the day.My favorite songs are “Rewrite the Stars,” “The Other Side,” and “The Greatest Showman.”

One thing I would have like to see differently was the obvious CGI effect. At the end of the movie, it is blatantly obvious that the elephants are CGI (like come on-they could have trained elephants to do cool things- I love elephants).

Overall, this movie was 10/10, would see again, A+. I would most definitely go back and see it in theatres just to sing all of the songs. I won’t spoil too much for you, just please go see this movie.

Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

“Sometimes you want to have a very productive Saturday to feel that you are in control of your life, which of course you are not.” -Tina Fey, Bossypants Jamie Bridenstine... How do I even begin to explain Jamie Bridenstine. Jamie Bridenstine is flawless. She has two Fendi purses and a silver Lexus. I hear her hair's insured for $10,000. I hear she does car commercials... in Japan. Her favorite movie is Varsity Blues. One time, she met John Stamos on a plane. And he told her she was pretty. One time, she punched me in the face. It was awesome. Jamie Bridenstine is a 4th year undergrad at the University of Wyoming, earning her B.A. in Communication and a minor in Military Science. Her favorite move is Mean Girls... and any movie with Tina Fey in it. She enjoys deep conversations about politics, procrastinating on group projects, and watching The Office over and over again. Jamie has the cutest dog in the world, Timber, and is ready to take on the world after college. She will be heading up to Washington after graduation to pursue her career in the military... and hopefully her graduate degree in Public Relations.
Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.