Michael Rotellini: Super Involved and Superman?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Major: Business Administration

Hometown: Sheridan, Wyoming

Involvement: ASUW, Alpha Kappa Psi, Track & Field, Sigma Chi

Relationship Status: Single. Sooooo single.

When you decided to come to UW, what were you most excited about?

Honestly, I was most excited about the different opportunities college has to offer. In high school I was always involved and coming to UW there was just so much more to do and a larger group of people to meet. There was something for everyone and I just wanted to get the chance to really explore all the different groups and organizations. Plus, I was the new kid on the track team down here so it was exciting just to meet my new team, town, school, and all of that.

If you could do anything differently in your college experience, what would it be?

If I could do it over again I would join Sigma Chi and Alpha Kappa Psi a lot earlier. Those groups have given me some of the most memorable times I have had in college and it makes me a little sad to think I lost a year or two just because I wasn’t aware or looked into those opportunities.

Since you’re so involved, how do you manage to juggle all of it?

It’s tough, I’m not going to lie, but when you truly have a love and a passion for something, you find a way to make the time. Working hard with all these different organizations knowing you are making a difference and leaving it better than when you started is one of the best feelings in the world.

What’s your “spirit animal” and why?

My spirit animal would have to be James Franco. He has got that great mix of humor and seriousness I wish to incorporate in my everyday life. If you are not having fun doing something, then why do it? Life is meant to be enjoyed, but that doesn’t mean not getting some work done too.

What is your favorite thing you have been involved in and why?

Truth is I don’t think I can pick only one. ASUW, Alpha Kappa Psi, and Sigma Chi have all been a major part of my college career. They, in one way or another, have shaped who I am and who I want to be. I have made so many friends because of it that I don’t think I could pick only one because they have all been such an important part of my time in college.

Why do you love going to UW?

Growing up in Sheridan there was also something special about saying I went to UW. I never understood it until I was on my second semester here. This place just began to feel like home. I always love to wear the brown and gold and to help contribute to the campus and community. I love UW because it has something for everyone and for me it was the people and the opportunities.

If you could be any superhero, who would you be?

If I could be any superhero it would have to be Superman hands down. Not only can he rock a day job and fake glasses, but also has super strength, x-ray vision, and the ability to reverse time by making the earth rotate in reverse. I would say that is pretty neat.

What is your dream job?

If money was no object I think my dream job would be being Superman. As I said before, he is pretty cool. But, if I had to pick a real job, I would love to be a part of a company I can believe in and contribute to. I wish I could tell you more but I’m still trying to figure my dream job out myself.

What advice do you have for underclassmen?

Get involved as early as you can. I firmly believe college is what you make it and just from my experiences with AKPsi, Sigma Chi and ASUW it has shaped my career here at UW into a magical one. I love being a part of these organizations and there are so many to explore here. They have something for everyone and I can personally say it’s one of the best ways to meet people you can call friends your entire life.

Sarah Ott

U Wyoming

Sara is a senior Marketing major at the University of Wyoming. She is a Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent of Wyoming's Her Campus chapter, along with President of the Student Alumni Association, and Director of Marketing for ASUW Student Government. When she's not having mental breakdowns from stress, she enjoys cuddling with her roommate's cat and hiding under a mound of blankets. All she really wants is to live somewhere where it's warm year round and to not be berated for her massive tea consumption. To check out her ridiculous and crazy life, check out her Instagram, username: twigott