6M8UtvcA?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
6M8UtvcA?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Meet Your Co-Correspondent: Elena Stewart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Elena Stewart

Major: English (I’m thinking about minoring in psychology)

Year in College: Junior

Role in HC: Co-Correspondent

When and why did you join HC?

I joined HC Wyoming in the Fall of 2020. I am an English major, and I was looking for a creative outlet to express my feelings and share a part of my life. Covid did not help my social life, and I wanted to find people who shared the same interests. 

What do you like to write your articles about?

I have written articles on various topics, but I lean towards wellness, beauty, and entertainment categories. For example, I’ve written about how I felt about the hybrid semester, my experience of not wearing makeup for two weeks, and my movie and song recommendations. 

What do you like about being a college student?

I genuinely like learning, and I like having the freedom to choose the classes I’m interested in (I never have to take a math class again! Woohoo!). I’ve made great friends, and I’m thankful I have them in my life to support me.

What’s your favorite place on campus?

Honestly, I like the quiet floors in the library. I’ve written many last-minute papers there (I’m definitely a procrastinator), and it helps me concentrate. 

What’s a piece of advice that helped you in college?

A piece of advice that has stuck with me is that it’s okay to have no idea what you want to do with your major. I’m still in that boat. I don’t want to be an author, a teacher, or go to law school, which are the typical routes for English majors. I’m going with the flow, and seeing where my skills will take me. 

Why did you choose to attend the University of Wyoming?

I toured many colleges in Colorado, and I didn’t like the vibe of any of them. Then, I got an email from UWYO, and I figured I might as well tour it since it was only a few hours from my house. Once I got on campus, I felt like this was where I was supposed to be. I’m happy I chose to go to UWYO!

Elena Stewart

U Wyoming '23