Meet HC Wyoming: Nicholas Anderson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Nicholas Anderson

Major: Communications w/ a minor in Journalism and Gender and Women’s Studies

Class Standing: Junior

Role in HC: Writer

Why did you join HC?

I enjoy writing (whether I’m good at it or not) and I wanted to be a part of the something that forced me to write more, improve my writing skills, and in a way find my voice.

What do you love about HC?

The freedom. That is honestly the best part; it gives writers a chance to write about subjects they’re passionate about.

What’s one thing about you that surprises people?

Well if people listen to me talk long enough they’re are probably surprised that English is my

first language.

Who, or what, is your biggest inspiration?

People. I love people, and to me, people are the most important part of life.

What are your favorite things to do in your free time?

I enjoy writing, watching movies, exercising (even though I don’t look it), and hanging out with others.

When you go to a coffee shop, what drink do you order?

Nothing! I think coffee is disgusting, but if they have tea, I may order that or maybe just water.

What quote inspires you and why?

“Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”-Conan O’Brien. Conan is one of my heroes, and his quote seems both very truthful and inspiring at the same time.

Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self?

Take a deep breath and relax, think things through, and never EVER be afraid to follow your dreams.

If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

Environmental Science.

What does success mean to you?

Being content with things you’ve done, and being happy with the person you are.

Where is your happy place?

Any place as long as I’m with my friends.

If you could invite 3 people, dead or alive, to a dinner party, who would they be, and why?

Steve Martin, Conan O’Brien, and Cecily Strong. They’re all heroes of mine that I look up to and I think they are all amazing performers. I would just want to learn more about each one of them, and listen to them all talk.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Working in the television or film industry, in one way or another.

Finally, why should anyone reading this join HC?

Anyone should join HC because it is such an amazing platform where college students can write about and share their passions.  

Any other thoughts?

I hope you enjoy my work, and thank you for reading about me.

Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.
Name: Nicholas Anderson DOB: 12/25/1996 School: University of Wyoming Major: Communications Fun Fact: "My friends say my spirit animal is the Golden Retriever"