element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Last Minute White Elephant Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

We’ve all been there, it’s two hours before a White Elephant party you plan on attending and you have no gift. The socks your grandma gave you last year are too boring, but fuzzy pink handcuffs your friends gave you for your twenty-first seem like a little too much. And you definitely don’t want to be the person who brings a half-eaten cheesecake wrapped in a Wal-Mart bag to the party. This is why we’ve prepared a quick list of White Elephant gifts:

A holiday-themed hat/headband. Let’s be real, the receiver will wear that every holiday season.

A pound of grade A ground pork. Trust us, it goes nicely in gravy for biscuits and gravy.

Literally anything from Bart’s Flea Market.

A framed work of your own cross stitching.

A pickaxe.

A Wiggles blanket.

A bottle of peppermint schnapps.

Wool socks with dope patterns.

A hat you knitted yourself.

Potholders.

A bag of coffee from a local place.

A stuffed white hippo.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems. 
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.