This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Jackie Senkosky (left)

Major: Elementary Education

Year in School: Senior

Relationship Status: Single (interested in men)

Hello Laramie sports fans! Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Jackie Senkosky. Jackie is arguably one of the Pokes’ biggest fans, so you can probably see her at every football and basketball game. Jackie is from Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and is the youngest of three girls. She grew up playing and coaching soccer with her dad, so I guess you could say she was born into being a fan! Jackie wants to be a music teacher and/or musician, so she spends a lot of her time singing in the Fine Arts building in two different choirs, when she’s not doing CrossFit. If you haven’t heard this girl sing, you are missing out!

HC: So tell me a little bit about why you came to Wyoming, and why do you like it?

JS: “Well, to be honest with you I didn’t know the University of Wyoming existed. I got a lookbook in the mail and I was like, ‘hey, mom and dad, this looks really cool,’ and at the time I wanted to be a music major. So I went up and auditioned and ended up getting a vocal scholarship and I just fell in love with the school spirit and the people here and I love country music and everything country. So I just love the vibe of it.”

HC: Who are some of your favorite professional sports teams and why?

JS: “I think my three favorite top sports are soccer, football and hockey. So I’m obviously a huge fan of the US Men’s and Women’s national soccer teams. Huge fan. And I love my Colorado Avalanche, I’ve grown up watching them play. The Denver Broncos. The Pokes. I don’t know if I should say any more because my friends will probably kill me if I tell you my other favorite teams.”

HC: Where do you like to get food in Laramie?

JS: “Qdoba is probably my number one go to. I go there a lot.”

HC: What are some of your favorite parts about going to UW football games?

JS: “Well, I go with my roommate, Aubrey. And we like standing outside of the student section over by the band. We like standing by the band because they are just a fun group of people. We like dancing along to the songs that they play and stuff. We are also pretty close to the field so we get to have a closer view. I really love the energy and how people come from pretty much all over. I love seeing people tailgating and just all of the wide variety of people you see at games.”

HC: What are some things that make good game days?

JS: “Aubrey and I have this kind of game day ritual where we wake up and we make a big breakfast. And then we get ready and listen to music while we get ready. Honestly, when it comes to football, I think any weather is fine. I actually prefer colder days over hotter days, because the sun just beats right on you whenever it’s like 75 degrees. So for me I like colder games, like 40 or 30 degrees.”

HC: Describe your ideal first date.

JS: “I guess it depends on the person I’m with. I’m very kind of well-rounded in what I like to do so, you know, I love sporting events, dinner is fine too. I think the biggest thing for me is because I have such a passion for deep conversations is just, like, talking about life. So no matter where we are or what we’re doing, as long as we can connect on a deeper level I think that is an ideal first date for me.”

HC: Do you have a favorite UW football player and if so who is it?

JS: “Oh man. Well I have to say Ethan Wood because I’ve known Ethan, we were on the same floor my freshman year. I just think he is one of the most selfless people. He is so good at what he does. And considering everything that has happened to him he is still such a gentle and kind person. But I also think Brian Hill is one of the best running backs in the United States. So, I mean, both of them but I would go more towards Ethan.”

HC: What is your favorite musical to sing along to and why?

JS: If Then, because I saw it New York  with two of my best friends and it’s been stuck in my head ever since. And I got to see Idina Menzel.”

HC: If you could meet one professional sports player who would it be?

JS: “That’s hard, but I’m gonna go with Peyton Manning. Because, again, I think that he is such a genuine person and such an incredible athlete and is so good at what he does. He is such a kind person and I don’t think you see that very often anymore in professional sports.”

HC: What advice would you give to underclassmen regarding college in general?

JS: “I would just go into it with an open mind because, at least for me and some of the people that I’m close to, a lot of times you go into college with these expectations of what we’re gonna do, who we’re gonna be, who we’re gonna be friends with and what’s gonna happen. But it’s very rare that it’s what actually happens. So I would just make sure that you go into college with an open mind, and work hard. Be kind and have courage in yourself. Definitely try new things and don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.”

I’m sure you will see Jackie this weekend if you go to the Border War against CSU. Look out for this smart, talented, and friendly fan who will be cheering on our team. Also be sure to check out her music on her Facebook page! Go Pokes!

Hello! I'm a senior at the University of Wyoming studying Accounting . When I'm not in the business building you can usually find me in fine arts singing in two choirs because music is my passion. Additionally I volunteer to plan and run events on campus every week. I am the treasurer of the Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity, Beta Nu chapter here at UW. I love to camp, hike, read and sit at coffee shops in my free time. Even though I'm originally from Lakewood, Colorado, I have grown to know and love Laradise. I am so excited to a part of Her Campus in Wyoming. Go Pokes!