How a Target Run Usually Goes Down

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

We’ve all been to Target, and if you haven’t there’s a possibility that you have never left your house. Target has become a giant in the world of shopping and has everything from snacks to electronics to unbelievably cute clothes. I love everything about it. Anytime I want to go to Target, I go through a series of stages that make the trip completely worthwhile.

1) Deciding to go to Target

This could be because I need something specific from there or just because I want to get out of my apartment. Any reason is a good reason to go.

2) Convincing my friends to tag along with me

Usually this isn’t too hard. I mention Target to my roommate and she’s instantly in… It’s my boyfriend I have to take time to convince since he’s the one that has to drive. This usually consists of me begging, crying, offering to pay for gas AND Chick-fil-A, then him finally giving in because I’m adorable (or is it because of the Chick-fil-A? We might never know). 

Photo by Hailee Riddle.

3) Road trip to Cheyenne!

Literally just me screaming out of excitement the entire time.

4) Pulling up to Target

I’m still in the car and trying to put together a game-plan as to where I was to browse first. Clothes? Books? The dollar section?

5) The Dollar Section

This is where you can find some hidden gems. $1 rose gold stapler? Don’t mind if I do.

6) Heading to the Home Section

If anyone is wondering what to get for me for holidays and such, just go to the home section of Target. I could spend hours in there searching for things to decorate my room or jazz up my bathroom. Everything looks so good together and sometimes you can find some outstanding sales that make it all the better.

7) Reading in the Book Section

I never leave Target without buying a book. They always have the newest releases and a lot of the time, they’re signed by the authors (how cool is that?!).

8) Finally reaching the checkout line

Sometimes, this is a nightmare and sometimes it’s heaven on earth. Most of the time I overdid it with the junk I have in my cart, but sometimes I picked up the perfect amount of items. Either way, I’m using self-checkout to hide how much I actually spent.

1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016  
Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.