Homecoming 2017: Wyoming Spirit, Wild as the West

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Homecoming is just around the corner, Cowgirls! Here is a preview of what events you absolutely need to go to! Happy Homecoming!

Friday, October 20

11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ~ Simpson Plaza

Homecoming T-Shirt and Pizza Giveaway Presented by Associated Students of the University of Wyoming (ASUW)

Saturday, October 21

9:00 AM- Simpson Plaza

The Big Event and 2017 Homecoming Kickoff

Presented by Service, Leadership and Community Engagement (SLCE)

Barbeque to follow at Laramie Main Street

Sunday, October 22

12:30 PM ~ Louis S. Madrid Sports Complex

Cowgirl Soccer v. New Mexico

The final home game of the year for our Cowgirl Soccer. Tickets can be purchased online at GoWyo.com/tickets or in person the day of the match

Monday, October 23

All Week ~ UW Campus

Horseshoe Scavenger Hunt Presented by ASUW

Clues will be posted on the ASUW Facebook and Twitter pages each day. If you find a horseshoe, be sure to turn it to the ASUW office for awesome prizes!

Tuesday, October 24

11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ~ Simpson Plaza

Homecoming T-Shirt Giveaway Presented by ASUW

7:00 PM ~ A&S Auditorium

Homecoming Sing Mandatory Rehearsal

Wednesday, October 25

Evening ~ Washakie Dining Center, Washakie Green

Homecoming Student Tailgate and Pep Rally Presented by Residence Life and Dining Services (RLDS) and Student Affairs

Have amazing tailgate food and listen to some live music. Afterwards, join the pep rally walk over to Homecoming Sing!

7:00 PM ~ A&S Auditorium

Homecoming Sing Presented by Iron Skull

The oldest tradition at UW! Teams will compete for a $1,000 grand prize.

8:00 PM ~ Union Ballroom

Homecoming Dance Presented by 7220 Entertainment and Cowboy Country Swing Club (CCSC)

Lessons provided by CCSC at 8:00 PM. Dance will start at 9:00 PM

Thursday, October 26

2:30 PM ~ Southwest Ramp, War Memorial Stadium

Car Push Presented by UW Athletics

Weigh in will begin at 2:30 PM. There are two weight groups, 1,000-1,999 pounds and 2,000-2,999 pounds. The competition will begin at 3:00 PM. This is a timed event, athletic clothes and closed-toed shoes are required

Friday, October 27

11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ~ Simpson Plaza

ASUW Annual Pig Roast

Pulled pork sandwiches, corn hole, music, and other great activities make this event amazing! A vegetarian option will also be available

Saturday, October 28

9:30 AM ~ Begins at 9th and Ivinson

Homecoming Parade

Following the Parade ~ Area between A&S Building and Merica Hall

Sophomore & Freshman Revival Tug of War Competition and Historical Campus Tour

SPURS hopes to bring back this old time tradition of having a tug of war competition by the old Peanut Pond. A historical campus tour will follow, led by Dr. Phil Roberts.

5:30 ~ War Memorial Stadium

Kickoff of Homecoming Football Game

Wyoming v. New Mexico

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Cover

“Sometimes you want to have a very productive Saturday to feel that you are in control of your life, which of course you are not.” -Tina Fey, Bossypants Jamie Bridenstine... How do I even begin to explain Jamie Bridenstine. Jamie Bridenstine is flawless. She has two Fendi purses and a silver Lexus. I hear her hair's insured for $10,000. I hear she does car commercials... in Japan. Her favorite movie is Varsity Blues. One time, she met John Stamos on a plane. And he told her she was pretty. One time, she punched me in the face. It was awesome. Jamie Bridenstine is a 4th year undergrad at the University of Wyoming, earning her B.A. in Communication and a minor in Military Science. Her favorite move is Mean Girls... and any movie with Tina Fey in it. She enjoys deep conversations about politics, procrastinating on group projects, and watching The Office over and over again. Jamie has the cutest dog in the world, Timber, and is ready to take on the world after college. She will be heading up to Washington after graduation to pursue her career in the military... and hopefully her graduate degree in Public Relations.
Kaitlyn is a recent grad the University of Wyoming, where she got her degree in Marketing. She has been the Campus Correspondent for a Pink level chapter, a Chapter Advisor to some amazing chapters, and now has the pleasure of being a Region Leader. Born and raised on the Western Slope of Colorado, her love for nature and the outdoors comes naturally. Kaitlyn lives for football season, but finds way to stay preoccupied during the off-season. She enjoys long walks in the mountains, beer as cold as her heart, and bacon on her burgers. You can follow Kaitlyn’s adventures on Instagram, @kaysoup.